Thursday, September 6, 2012

Teddy Ruxpin 1985 complete with extras


Ahhhhhhh good old Teddy Ruxpin. I remember getting him on my 5th birthday and how he used to tell me jokes and make me laugh...wait no that was my pet pig...Teddy Ruxpin was quite a marvel back in the day because he could talk! I remember how pumped I was when I got him. He was the worlds first talking doll and a very cool one at that. He came with a book and a cassette tape which went into his back, and played the story. All while moving his mouth and eyes. He had quite a line up of accessories including Grubby,which was his add on companion which would talk and sing along with Teddy. Here's a poor quality video showing them in action!

Too bad he broke just as easily. Kid's in the 80's were pretty rough on their toys. At least I know I was.

3 comments:

  1. Had the original Teddy Ruxpid. Have you seen Teddy's friends around, I don't remember him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only one I've seen around was Grubby. I never seen any others.

      Delete
    2. Maybe because their aren't any (-; Thanks Zinger

      Delete